The Elders LOVE Comments!

Both of the Elders have asked me to send them the comments people leave on this blog after reading their e-mails and looking at their pictures... One problem... No one comments! Leave the Elders some comments each week after you read their e-mails and check out their pictures! They'll love hearing from ALL of you! Thanks!

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

From Elder S. Goff - "Contacts"

  Well things are still kind of going slow here in my zone. I was pretty sad last night receiving the numbers from all the areas cause they weren’t to good at all. We have this new goal that’s for the entire mission witch is contacting 10 people in the street for every missionary everyday so 20 per companionship. I love it to tell you the truth getting out and talking with everyone we pass by. That’s the way things should be. Me and my comp were able to get 20 everyday and even with the heat that there was this week we enjoyed ourselves. every night when I talked with the district leaders I asked how they were doing with it and the rest of the elders in their districts and they always told me it was going good so I was thinking that last night for the member that all the elders would be passing in 140 for the week but it didn’t turn out that way. I was a bit disappointed but we have conference this week and I think it’ll good alright and get some people fired up for the work. I’m super excited and I love every minute that I have left but it seems like everything around me is trying to pull me down. I’m not going to stop because I know that I’m still here for a reason and I want to make it worth it.
  My 1st kid elder frankling is in the offices as the secretary of pres and well he had an area change this change and he is back in the area where he was born. I was talking to him the other night and he told me that a lady and her son that me and him were teaching is now baptized and is going strong in the church along with the only baptism I had when I was there he told me things are going really well and that all the members there were asking about me. It made me feel good to know that they remember me.
  I am reading the BOM one last time in the mish and I was reading about abinidi this week and I want to go out like he did. He was being burned to death and he was still testifying of things and went out fighting. I want to do the same I decided. I want to go out doing all I can to testify to everyone that I can find. That’s my plan that I have going on and I think its going good so far.
  we went to go and visit a kid in our ward this week and we go there but he wasn’t home but his brother one of his friends and his sister in law were all there so we asked them if they had talking to the missionaries before they said no and asked if they wanted to and said yeah. We had a good lesson and were able to put a baptism date for all of them. The kid has been scared to invite his family to come to church or to listen to the missionaries but they liked it and want to get baptized we will see how it turns out but it seems like it’ll be good.
  Well peeps I love you all and hope everything is going good. A fact I would like to share before I end this... this week it got up to 50 degrees C and well I saw on a newspaper stand today that there were 2 people who dies form the heat. I saw birds falling from the sky and dying cause of the heat but nothing happened to us :) it was a pretty crazy hot week.

Elder Goff

Current Area: Mante, Mexico
Current Companion: Elder Dominguez

No comments: