The Elders LOVE Comments!

Both of the Elders have asked me to send them the comments people leave on this blog after reading their e-mails and looking at their pictures... One problem... No one comments! Leave the Elders some comments each week after you read their e-mails and check out their pictures! They'll love hearing from ALL of you! Thanks!

Saturday, March 12, 2011

From Elder A. Goff - "Hey there Family...GOOD NEWS!"

Hey everyone,
   It's me Elder Austin.  So last week I gave some bad news about Jeanna's Baptism not going through.  So now I am reporting that Daina Newby is getting baptized on Thursday.  We knew she would be getting baptized.  On Tuesday as we were driving to District meeting we got a call fro Sister Newby and she asked us both to write out our testimonies.  Then she said they had talked about who she wanted to baptize her and to give her the Gift of the Holy Ghost.  Then sister Newby said Daina wanted me to baptize her!! haha.  So I'm pretty excited.  I'm going to baptize Daina on Thursday.  :)  So that's pretty exciting.  Elder Heywood and I will have a baptism together after all.  Daina had her baptismal interview on Saturday and is good to go.
   We taught a part member family this week who recently moved from the Phoenix valley for work.  The Chieg's...Pronounced..CHEE. EGG.  He is From the Island of YAP in the Pacific Islands.  Just a great guy, you wouldn't know that he's not a member when he comes to church.  Wearing a suit and Tie and dress shoes.  Anyway, He has had some different things holding him back from being baptized from when he lived in AZ.  Since he has moved here he has given up his habits and is doing really well.  We weren't really sure why he hadn't been baptized yet.  So when we went to their house we asked him some questions trying to get to know him, and figure out what's been going on.  We talked to him about some habits from his culture.  He then told us that he is ready to be baptized.  He used to work for the Arizona Cardinals and Deuce Latui who plays on their offensive line is going to come baptize him in April or May.  It will be pretty cool. :)  I doubt I'll be here still, but it's pretty cool. 
   Elder Heywood only has about 10 days left on his mission.  Pretty crazy.  Preston is flying home today.  I'll be home in 2 months :) haha 
  I'm sorry to hear that Tiff has been hurting so bad.  Elder House hasn't been doing too hot either.  All last week his stomach has been killing him.  He is coming in to billings form Glendive to get checked out again.  He refuses to go home.  I can't blame him.  He only has about 2 months left.  He will make it.  You will too Tiff. :)  Love you girl.  :)
  I hope everything is going well.  I feel like my e-mails are getting more and more lame every week.  I am sorry about that.  I love you all!  See you soon.

Love Elder Austin Gene Goff

Current Area: Billings, Montana
Current Companion: Elder Heywood

No comments: