The Elders LOVE Comments!

Both of the Elders have asked me to send them the comments people leave on this blog after reading their e-mails and looking at their pictures... One problem... No one comments! Leave the Elders some comments each week after you read their e-mails and check out their pictures! They'll love hearing from ALL of you! Thanks!

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

From Elder S. Goff - "Hey Peeps"


  Well I’m not going to send pictures this week either I lent my converter thing for my memory card to someone from our ward and they still haven’t gave it back. This week went really good though. We had another baptism yesterday and it was really awesome. dad told me that Daiton got baptized this weekend as well that’s way cool I’m glad that Austin was able to do that and I hope to get some pics of it soon along with some when Austin got off the plane. That’d be cool.
  We had a meeting in Tampico this week with all the zone leaders and it was a little different then normal but it was awesome. We got to the institute building of Friday morning and we went in the room we always go to for the meetings put our stuff down and started to study a little bit all the zone leaders got there along with president and his wife. Then they told all of us to pass over to the other room when we walked in everything was set up for the sacrament. We sat down started out with a devotional like always then we all took part of the sacrament and president call was the one who passed it to all of us. It was a really great experience. We they took turns going up to the pulpit and sharing our testimonies or an experience that we have had. I talked about a man we are teaching and how he really is someone who was prepared to receive the gospel in his life. He was in jail for 4 years has 7 kids with 5 different people tattoos, piercings and long hair. I explain how we should never judge someone from the way they look because this man was just waiting for us to talk to him and help him find the road he should be on. I talked about him and shared my testimony about the gospel in my life. Once we had done that for a little bit we all went over to the other room where we usually are and talked about how we are going to make this mission better. We came to the conclusion that the thing we need to work on now is using the members to our advantage. President call is just about to get 2 years in the mission and he and his wife talked a little bit about the change that we have taken. They are really happy with how the mission is doing now and want us all to leave our own legacies behind. I had never seen my mission president cry until Friday as he was talking to us about how much we mean to him. He made us all feel really great I think he told us that the group of 20 elders that were present that if he had to only pick 20 to work here he would pick us. He was thanking us for the things we have been doing and encouraged us to continue to do the same. It really was quite the experience and I loved it.
  We are started week 5 of the change already and I can’t believe it because time has gone by so fast. I love my comp and we are really getting things done but having a blast doing it. We have got baptisms lined up for the fallowing 6 weeks. Things are going great.
  I love you all and hope things are going good back home

Love Elder Sawyer Garrett Goff

Here are some pics that my mission president’s wife sent to me.  Love you.





Current Area: Mante, Mexico
Current Companion: Elder Dominguez

No comments: