The Elders LOVE Comments!

Both of the Elders have asked me to send them the comments people leave on this blog after reading their e-mails and looking at their pictures... One problem... No one comments! Leave the Elders some comments each week after you read their e-mails and check out their pictures! They'll love hearing from ALL of you! Thanks!

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

From Elder S. Goff - "Half way through the Change"

  Yesterday me and my companion were able to have a baptism of a kid we have been working with since I got here. It went really good and the kid asked me to do the ordinance for him. It was really cool but he didn’t want to go all the way under the water the first time I tried and he wasn’t going to the 2nd time I told him hey bud you got to go all the way under to the 2nd time I forced him into the water so I wouldn’t have to do it again. Afterwards he was telling everyone I was trying to drown him but I just didn’t want to take forever to get him in so I got the job done. We were going to have 2 baptisms but one didn’t go threw because the ladies kid got sick and she spent the weekend at the hospital. We are going to work with her some more and see when we can get her in the water as well.
  We are teaching this lady named Karen. She has listened to missionaries for the passed 3 years and well never accepted the gospel into her life till now. She is getting wet on the 11th of June and is really excited for it. We have taught her in the most basic way possible and its turning out really well. We are also teaching her mom perla. Perla has listened to the missionaries for about 20 years now. We were talking to her and I was like hna what is keep you from accepting this into your life and she said nothing then I was well what needs to happen for you to accept it. And she sat there thinking and said well a miracle. We were like well that’s what we are here for is to do miracles. She told us if she can see the change in her daughter and in her family she will accept it into her life. We are going to work really hard with her and are excited for it.
  We have been doing really well together me and elder Dominguez. I would love to be with him until I'm done with the mission but that would be a long time with one comp so we will see what happens.
  In our church building there are a bunch of books that no one ever uses so yesterday me and my comp took all the books that we wanted and think will come in handy. We took like seminary student books along with a few from different prophets of our dispensation. if I’m not able to read it all here in the mish I might be carrying a few home with me but they weigh a ton so who knows.
  This week me and my comp are taking a trip to Tampico for a zone leader council and are going to be missing out 2 days on work in our area so we are going to need to put everything we've got in the few days that we do have to work. Things are going great and I love it.

Love Elder Sawyer Garrett Goff

Current Area: Mante, Mexico
Current Companion: Elder Dominguez

No comments: