The Elders LOVE Comments!

Both of the Elders have asked me to send them the comments people leave on this blog after reading their e-mails and looking at their pictures... One problem... No one comments! Leave the Elders some comments each week after you read their e-mails and check out their pictures! They'll love hearing from ALL of you! Thanks!

Monday, February 7, 2011

From Elder A. Goff - "E Mail"

Hey Family,

We had a good week this week. Glad transfers are finally over. It will be nice to have things settle back down until tomorrow when we go to Helena for Leadership Training. We will meet with all the West Side Zone and District Leaders. Then Wednesday back in Billings for the East side and Wyoming Zone and district Leaders. It should be good though.

Now back to this last week. Tuesday we got all the greenies. 4 sisters and 1 Elder. Which is very odd for our mission. There are usually about 8 Elders and 1 or 2 Sisters. They are a good group though. We are happy to have them. I love having them come and remembering what it was like when I was brand new. I remember being so scared and excited at the same time. Trying to take in every detail and training that I was receiving. I still remember so clear coming off the airplane in Billings, being picked up by the Fisher and the assistants. I remember looking over the Rimrocks at Billings. I remember taking pictures in front of the temple and eating twice with the Fishers. Then having a testimony meeting in the evening and finding out where we were all going to be going. It’s so cool to see the excitement of the New Missionaries. I get a kick out of it. Since Elder Worwood was the only new Elder we decided to stay with him at the mission home so he could have that experience of staying there his first night. IT was pretty fun and Elder Worwood is going to be a great Elder.

Thursday morning we sent off the 2 missionaries going home. ARG…So crazy sending them home. It’s the 2nd group I’ve sent home and it’s only getting closer to my time. Gives me butterflies when people talk about it. The time will surely come though. Elder Heywood is next! AHH!!!

I gotta tell you about this inactive guy we ran into while tracting a couple of weeks ago. He was busy when we tracted into him so he told us we could come back sometime. Well we went back to visit with him and he had a lot of beef with the church and brought up every bad experience he has ever had. He was very talkative, but all he had to say were bad things about the church. Towards the end we asked if we could share a thought with him that we both felt needed to be shared. He talked a lot about trials resulting from his divorce a couple of years ago. He has 2 daughters living with him...and so on. We shared Helaman 5:12. A simple verse. One single verse. We shared it, talked about it and his total attitude changed. It's such a testimony builder of the power scriptures hold. I love the verse in 2 Nephi 33:10 It talks about how if we believe in Christ we will believe in these words. We build our foundation on Christ and his words and we will be ok. This inactive guy realized that he had not had a foundation built upon Christ. He had a foundation of Worldly things. He even said he was thinking about coming to church. Which he was totally against when we walked in. He said, "you aren't getting me to church." And that single verse changed that.

I'm happy to find out that I have been accepted to Dixie and Snow College. Except now I am more confused than ever haha. I thought knowing where I'm accepted would make it easier. BYU-I will be sent out soon. President has to do a couple of things on my BYU-I application. So I guess we will see what I choose. I'll make a decision eventually and pray about it. Everything is going well out here though. We have a lot to do today for meetings this week so I had better get going. I love you all.

Love, Elder Austin Gene Goff

Current Area: Billings, Montana
Current Companion: Elder Heywood

No comments: