The Elders LOVE Comments!

Both of the Elders have asked me to send them the comments people leave on this blog after reading their e-mails and looking at their pictures... One problem... No one comments! Leave the Elders some comments each week after you read their e-mails and check out their pictures! They'll love hearing from ALL of you! Thanks!

Monday, September 20, 2010

From Elder S. Goff - "Bishop Danny"


Well there is a lot to say and not to much time. So Bishop Danny Allen will be receiving me when I get home this coming year that’s pretty cool. I didn’t think there was going to a bishop change till after I got back but that’s cool tell Danny congrats. Oh yeah some questions first off. Has Alex got home yet from his mission and has Colton teerlink got his call yet? I was wondering about them this past week.


We have some inactive member here from our ward that aren’t helping to great with the missionary work. We have some investigators that live close to them and one of the member kids gave our investigator a paper saying that the world id going to end the 10th of Oct of 2010. When we went to our investigators house and they told us that and showed it to us they were pretty nervous cause they believed it. We explained it all to them and showed them scriptures for evidence. It really made me upset that the members would be like that and that they are teaching their kids things like that. our investigators don’t know that the other family are members of the church I just don’t understand how people get the idea of the world ending on a certain day when nothing like that is said in the scripture or by any prophet. its says pretty clearly in the new testament that no one knows when christ will come again not even he knows only our heavenly father.

We had a meeting this week for all the leaders from our mission from the 5 zones that are here in Tampico. All the zone and district leader and it was good. President talked a little more about what we should be do our responsibilities and such. It was great and I learned a little more what I'm supposed to be doing. I also got to see my buddy elder Ruiz one of the elders I was in the mtc with. It was the first time I have seen him in over a year. He has gotten a lot skinnier now and looks taller as well. It was really cool to see him.

So tiff be looking for an elder lerma up there in Ogden. There is an elder here that has a brother going on this mission up there. He is from chiuahah. Just keep your eye out.

I can’t remember if I told you guys about carols and Maria. We found them because she has on a green shirt. One day I and my comp were out looking for people when I told him to tell me a color. Well he told me green and I said we are looking for someone in a green shirt that is ready to listen to us. Well we talked to a lady in a green shirt that we found and I was really happy with it. we ended the lesson and took off only 3 houses down there was another lady in green but I was like well we already found the one we were looking and kept walking but then I felt that we needed to go back and we went back and talked to her and her husband. Well everything went great that day. We ended up passing by another day and talking to them again. We taught the 1st lesson better then what we were able to do the 1st time and Maria really liked it and knew that the BOM is the word of god. It was really amazing. Well Carlos suffered from a seizure about 30 years again and the left side of his body doesn’t work. Well apparently he has been able to see things since it happened to me. He told me that day that I had on angle on my side. He said it helped to give me more power. He said the angle was bigger then me and right beside me. He said my comp had one as well. I told him that I have it to help me speak a little better Spanish. He was like no he is here to help you with more then that. It was pretty cool to hear him say that. Idk if he really can see those things or not but I know I have angles with me guiding me.

Well on Friday after that meeting of leaders I went on divisions with my faithful zone leader elder heppler. We went and visited Maria and Carlos and ended up putting a fetcha (date) with them. I was stocked for that. They know it true and they went to church with us yesterday and loved that as well.

In church yesterday it was pretty crazy. President Call, my mission president and his wife ended up coming to visit our ward. Well we got there right on time with our investigators and president was there. There were a couple other but not to many. There was only one person from the bishopric as well. I went up and talked to hno. Ruiz from the bishop brick for a couple announcement to make then went to my seat, I closed the doors for the prayer and for sacrament I passed the sacrament as well, I gave a talk, and taught a class in Sunday school. it was a busy day in the church and sister call told me that I looked like I knew what I was doing and that she cant believe the change from a year again when I got here. It felt good that someone recognized that I was trying to help so much.

Well we have the date for baptism for the 30th of this month for Maria and Carlos. I’m excited for it and ill keep yall updated on what’s going on.

I love you all and have a great week. Well see yall real soon.

Elder S. Goff

Current Area: Down Town Tampico, Mexico - Unidad
Current Companion: Elder Salazar

No comments: