The Elders LOVE Comments!

Both of the Elders have asked me to send them the comments people leave on this blog after reading their e-mails and looking at their pictures... One problem... No one comments! Leave the Elders some comments each week after you read their e-mails and check out their pictures! They'll love hearing from ALL of you! Thanks!

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

From Elder A. Goff - "My first week around the mission."

Hey family,

Monday of course Elder Heywood and I drove to Kalispell and had a meeting on Tuesday about facebook and our new mission goals. Missoula the same thing on Wednesday. Great Falls the same thing on Thursday. Then Helena on Friday. It has been a long week full of driving and training. It's been good though. I have learned a lot. Like I don't want to live in a place like this. Traveling is a pain at night when there is a lot of snow falling and blowing around. You can't see much of anything. It's kinda scary at times. Oh well. I'm a desert boy. I enjoy dry ground for driving.

Elder Heywood and I have made a goal to get a picture with every companionship in the entire mission. Not many Elders or Sisters get a chance like this to travel around the whole mission and meet everyone, so we decided the only smart thing to do would be to get a picture with all of them. I'd send you a picture of each one but I better not. It would take far too long. It’s been cool to meet all of the Elders and Sisters I have never met. Seems as though a lot of people say...Who do people say you look like? And I say...BATMAN. And they yes! Christian Bale! I had never been told that before my mission. Now it seems like I'm told that every week. I don't see it, but I'm going to attach a Picture of me with a batman mask on. You can tell me if it looks like Mr. Bale or not.

It's been neat to go around the mission to places I have never been. I have met so many great people this last week. Makes me want to stay on my mission forever just so I can serve in every area. There is so much to learn from other people. How will we ever know enough? It's hard to comprehend the knowledge that is out there. Especially God's knowledge...ugh..The learning curve is huge. Good thing we have a prophet.

Elder Heywood and I have a junk car that we are trying to run up miles on. So we have been driving all over the mission with a car that has no CD player. So when we get tired we start telling stories about our missions, home, football and so forth. It makes for a lot of 1 on 1 time. Haha By the time this transfer is over we will probably know nearly everything about each other. It's been a ball.

Tiff, I swear on my nicest tie that you t-shirt will be out today. I keep thinking about it over and over and haven't had time to send it this last week. I have never been so tired on my mission and yet so energized. We are teaching every chance we get in our area and we have a couple things in the works. We are going to teach 4 foster children a family in the ward have in their home. They have expressed a desire to take the lessons. So we will see where that leads. Karla is doing well. She had a minor stroke this last week when we were away. She has a lot of physical things wrong with her because of drug use earlier in her life. So she had super high blood pressure which caused the stroke. I'm not a fan of strokes. One took my Grandma away. So I don't want one to take an investigator too. Things will work out the way they are supposed to. I love you all. Thanks for your letters and love.

At this time I'd like to give another shout out to my fans around the world. I have recently been told that there are other mission mothers reading my e-mails on the blog. They apparently like that my letters aren't bland. So to help aide my blogs views I'd like to tell a joke. The Prophet, The Pope and a Baptist Minister were all on boat fishing in the middle of a lake. The pope gets hungry and gets out on the water and walks across to shore. Eventually The Prophet gets hungry and gets out and walks across the water to shore as well. Then the Baptist Preacher decides to walk in as well but as soon as he steps out of the boat he goes straight under the water. The pope and Prophet were both watching and with laugher in his voice the pope turns to Thomas S. Monson and says...Do you think we should have told him about the rocks? President Monson says in Reply...What Rocks? HAR HAR HAR haha hehe hoho. Hope you enjoyed this episode of what Elder Goff does as a missionary. Sure do love you all. Stay outta trouble.

Love your Missionary,

Elder Austin Gene Goff

Current Area: Billings, Montana
Current Companion: Elder Heywood

No comments: