The Elders LOVE Comments!

Both of the Elders have asked me to send them the comments people leave on this blog after reading their e-mails and looking at their pictures... One problem... No one comments! Leave the Elders some comments each week after you read their e-mails and check out their pictures! They'll love hearing from ALL of you! Thanks!

Monday, January 31, 2011

From Elder A. Goff - "Transfer week. Even more crazy than the last."

Hey loved ones around this U.S. of A and every other country you are in. To you Spanish speakers and Portuguese speakers, I say Hello. To you English speakers, I say Hello also. I hope that is universally understood to mean, Hello. :)

I hope you are all getting a chance to read my blog entries. There are a few that I have taken some time thinking about and I have put together in my mind for days. When things get stuck in my head like that I get the feeling now that I need to write about it. So I do, and I hope you enjoy it. I love being able to use facebook and blogging. I am able to teach people from all over and I'm able to write about things that have touched me. In a lot of ways it's like a journal. I have a normal journal, but not one where I write things like I write about in my blog. Elder Heywood and I used our new Mormon.org pass along cards and made some labels with our Facebook URL on it and we hand them out to people and that has been pretty nest too. People have added us who at first told us they weren't interested. So they had questions, but didn't feel comfortable asking them in person or having us in their homes. But they were ok asking us online. It's been a great tool.

Like the title of my e-mail says, this transfer full of fun has come to an end and we are in the middle of moving elders and sisters around. However, we have run in to a few problems along the way that have slowed down our efforts. I tell you about one. Saturday night Elder Heywood and I left the mission Office at about 11:30PM after doing a lot of stuff to organize transfers. Then next morning we were in the office early again to make sure everything ran smoothly for the beginning of missionaries being moved around. Plus Elder Heywood had to finish up his talk he was going to give. When we left to church we noticed a couple of tires on a car were flat to the rim. Elder Heywood said he noticed another car with a flat tire. Then in the middle of Church we got a call form Elder Ives, one of the senior missionaries that were driving the transfer van around. He said that he had 2 flats in Cody, WY and was getting them fixed. Then we realized that someone must have slashed our tires right after Elder Heywood and I had gone home for the night on Saturday. When we got back to the mission home we counted 11 tires that were slashed. On about 7 different cars. Bummer right? Now all those cars have to sit until a police report is done and the insurance claim done as well. Then this morning when Elder Ives had a van load of Elders he noticed another tire that had not been fixed on the van was going low so they when to the tire shop and left 2 and a 1/2 hours later than we had planned!!! What a disaster!!! Oh well. Nothing we can do about a couple of punk kids slashing the Mormon’s tires. :) They are just jealous because we are all so happy, because we have what they don't and what they wont accept. So that's a fun little story for the week.

We are still teaching a few people that are doing really well. Daina is doing well and is still praying for an answer as to whether the church is true or not. Aaren is doing well too, but still doesn't have the courage to come to church. And of course, Karla is doing well. She was sentenced to 10 years of probation in December and wrote a letter this last week to The prophet to get permission to be baptized. I'll have to send a copy in my e-mail next week. I think you would all enjoy reading about her journey. :) I guess I had better get going so I can do some more laundry and have some clean undies to wear. :) And white shirts of course. Sure do love you all. Thanks for the letters and E-mails.

Oh yes...JoliAnn when you fast and pray about your patriarchal blessing you can choose what you want to fast about. I fasted to know that I would have a good job someday that would provide security for my family. I fasted for knowing that I would have a wife and kids, that I would serve a mission and that I would live a happy life. And I got answers to all of those things.

Love you all. -Elder Austin Gene Goff

Current Area: Billings, Montana
Current Companion: Elder Heywood

No comments: