The Elders LOVE Comments!

Both of the Elders have asked me to send them the comments people leave on this blog after reading their e-mails and looking at their pictures... One problem... No one comments! Leave the Elders some comments each week after you read their e-mails and check out their pictures! They'll love hearing from ALL of you! Thanks!

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

From Elder S. Goff - "Stoked for Darbin"

Well first of all I'm super stoked that Darbin is getting back out there. I got goose bumps when I read that. I bet he is pretty excited to just get out and go to work huh. I can’t wait to hear how it all goes for him.

This week with my new comp, 3rd kid has been alright. Its actually kind of tougher then the other two I have had but I’m trying to be a good sport about it and do what I can. I’m trying to be more humble I decided that maybe that’s my problem that I have to much pride. I’m trying to love him but he hasn’t shown any confidence in me yet. We went with a family that I have been working with since I got here and after the lesson he was like next time we teach them I’m going to but a baptism date. I was like I really don’t think we should just yet cause me and Tec had tried to but she wants to learn more and know what she is really doing. I was like I love this lady and this family more then anyone in my mission and I’m not going to keep on trying to pressure her into if they don’t feel ready. I was like I have tried to do it several times and I fell like we need to just continue teaching well and the family will lead themselves to the font. He hasn’t showed any confidence at all in me and I’m trying so hard to be the best I can.

This week we hit so many doors trying to find more people and I really think I have just about hit every door in my whole area. its kind of nuts and I’m trying to think of more things we can do we have tried getting the members involved but its not working to well. I love the members but it’s tough for them to find time for us. We are trying our hardest to figure stuff out.

I got some packages this week from you tiff and one from Susy so thanks a ton for those if you could tell her thanks as well that’d be great. I was super stoked for the things you sent me sis. The ties were awesome along with the Weber state shirt. I was pretty happy to receive something after a long tough week to see that people really do love me. I love it here and I’m trying to love my comp as well its always hard getting a new comp I think. They are never the same as the old one that you get used to and that’s why I’m only getting married once. Ha-ha things are good here working super hard and trying to look for the good in everything. I love the mission it’s the best thing and I love life.

We went up to the flag this morning. 10 of the elders here in my zone and it was awesome we had some fun up there its always nice to hang out with other elders it always makes me feel good cause I feel like I can let loose a little more but ill send some pics to you tiff that you can post and some that might be better if you didn’t but you can show the fam cause I know you will all laugh. Love you all.

Elder Sawyer Garrett Goff

Current Area: Victoria City, Mexico
Current Companion: Elder Olvera

No comments: