The Elders LOVE Comments!

Both of the Elders have asked me to send them the comments people leave on this blog after reading their e-mails and looking at their pictures... One problem... No one comments! Leave the Elders some comments each week after you read their e-mails and check out their pictures! They'll love hearing from ALL of you! Thanks!

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

From Elder A. Goff - "What a week of not many lessons"

Elder Goff

Hey Family,

So Elder Ika and I have been doing a lot of sand bagging this week as well. The rivers have been pretty angry it seems. Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday we sand bagged. It has been pretty crazy. It seemed like every chance we got to go teach some lessons we would get a call to go help somewhere else. We are both still alive though. President Gardner said we could help as long as we didn't go swimming. Elder Ika got close because he almost ate it in the water. :D So the flooding has been a problem. There are a lot of National Guard here helping with the efforts. Plus it rained all yesterday and the day before so there is more snow on the mountains. Most of the rivers have gone down quite a bit because it has been colder. By this coming Wednesday they are predicting that it is going to be worse than is has been so far. I guess we will see. So Elder Ika and I have a feeling we will be doing even more sand bagging. We have been in Jeans most of this last week. I haven't been in regular people clothes so much since I left to the M.T.C. I assured Elder Ika that it will probably be the most for him his whole mission. :D Everything should be ok though. The Elders in Riverton are scared the dam is going to break. :S I don't think it will though. Elder Ika and I would be ok though. We sleep on the third floor of the house. :D haha

We had Zone conference this week. It was way good. We talked about the spirit a lot and ways to feel it and pretty much the entire zone conference was focused on the spirit. I don't know if I told you guys this, but Elder Hooser trained a missionary before me. I didn't even know that. Anyways he is one of my Zone Leaders. He is Samoan. My companion is Tongan and they asked me a White Boy to sing with them. Elder Quiocho played the Ukelele. And we sang "How Can I Be". I don't know who sings it. And I had only heard the song one time before they asked me to sing with them. I wasn't going to do it, but I decided to do it anyways. It was pretty cool. I like the song a lot.

When I had my interview with President Gardner he told me not to feel like I'm not a good missionary because I'm not in leadership. I told him I don't feel that way and I am in leadership. I'm a trainer. I told him I Iove training. I don't care if I Do nothing but train the rest of my mission. He told me that's good because he trusts me with new missionaries. He said there are missionaries who beg to train. He also told me there are 15 new missionaries coming in next transfer. He didn't tell me if I would be training again, but who knows. Whatever happens is what is supposed to happen. :D I'm sure going to miss Elder Ika if we get split up. We have had a good time together.

Elder Ika and I spent the weekend in DuBois. President Baker found out we were going to be there so he asked us to speak on a talk from out of the Conference Ensign. Elder Ika spoke on "You are my Hands" By President Uchtdorf. I spoke on "The Rock of our Redeemer" By Elder Wilford W. Andersen of the Seventy. It all went well. Got the message across we wanted to. I focused on Hope.

I need to tell Pop's happy Pop's day on Sunday because I won’t get to call. And Happy Birthday to Sawyer on Saturday. Thank you for all you have done for me. I hope all is well where you both are. Keep your head up.

Love,

Elder Austin Gene Goff

Hope you had fun in Cali.

Elder Goff's new pet

Snake

Wow!

Elder Quiocho, Elder Goff, and Elder Ika sang together at Zone Conference

Current Area: Lander, Wyoming
Current Companion: Elder Ika

No comments: