The Elders LOVE Comments!

Both of the Elders have asked me to send them the comments people leave on this blog after reading their e-mails and looking at their pictures... One problem... No one comments! Leave the Elders some comments each week after you read their e-mails and check out their pictures! They'll love hearing from ALL of you! Thanks!

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

From Elder S. Goff - "MMT"

So yesterday I was really happy. one of the guys from my zone went home and his comp said that he was going to come and be with us for the rest of the change or til the gringos get here that are all backed up in the MTC. I was really stocked cause the guy that was going to come just wants to work and get stuff done like me so I thought it'd be great to be with him cause I know that Alderete would do it to so he doesn’t look bad in front of someone else. turns out that it was just a joke cause elder Cruz the other elder knew that Alderete wasn’t to happy for him to come with us so he thought it would be good to play a trick but I got my hopes up for nothing haha. Its all good though things will get better I just know it.

My buddy Elder Marcelino ended his mission and is most likely just about home now. He was a way great guy and I'm sure ill see him around after this is over.

In the morning I hit 11 months in the mish and it’s also mom and pops anniversary so happy anniversary guys. I can’t believe I've got 11 months already. Just about half way and it feels like I have just started. I love this stuff though the good and the bad, it’s all going to be great memories afterwards.

We moved our house this past week we now live above a member family in our ward that is awesome. The dad is way funny and he came up and was hanging out with us as we were planning last night and just talked to us. We also have an air conditioner that my comp is just so darn happy about. It’s nice but I’m just not used to it I think.

There are a lot of people in my ward that have noticed that I really do just want to work and that Alderete is just done. They always play with him and ask why he just doesn’t leave already so I can do some work. Our bishop messes with him the most but me and my comp get along great and we get along with everyone in our ward great too I think. This whole passed week I haven’t had any money at all. Not even one peso so me comp has been paying for everything I feel super bad but there is nothing I can do about it. I hate having people buy me stuff and do things for me so it’s been really hard and weird for me. we will get the money on our JP Morgan cards the 1st of this week so ill have money again and then hopefully get my new debit card soon as well for just in case.

I love it when people think I talk good Spanish. I know it’s not that great and I have a lot to work on and I’m not going to stop studying but it’s cool when people don’t believe me when I say I have got under a year learning it. I had a taxi driver ask me how long iv been I’m México and I was like well like 7 months or so and he was like oh ok well how long did you study Spanish before you came and I said like 3 months and he didn’t believe me. He said he was in the states working for 5 years and can’t even have a conversation with anyone in English. I guess I do have the gift of tongues I didn’t think I did.

well everything is going well just trying to keep my comp happy and not cause any problems with him before he takes off but I really hope this time flies by. We should be putting 2 baptisms dates this week. I really hope it works out. Love you all

lotta love GOFF

Current Area: Down Town Tampico, Mexico - Unidad
Current Companion: Elder Alderete

No comments: