The Elders LOVE Comments!

Both of the Elders have asked me to send them the comments people leave on this blog after reading their e-mails and looking at their pictures... One problem... No one comments! Leave the Elders some comments each week after you read their e-mails and check out their pictures! They'll love hearing from ALL of you! Thanks!

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

From Elder A. Goff - "4th area, 3rd transfer, 5th week"

HELLO MY DEAREST FAMILY!!

Elder House and I had a BUSY week! It was wonderful. I really enjoyed the e-mails this week from you guys. Joli made me laugh out loud a couple of times. Talking about David Archuleta, and how he is her future boyfriend. How Tiff gave her a dating CD that she thought was pretty funny and how she won’t let boys disrespect her! :) She is a good girl. Then she talked about how us boys would beat up on her. So she knows how to beat a boy up if she needs to. :) ATTA GIRL!! Plus she is a Goff. ;)

Kirby is getting old huh? That's too bad, she is for sure a good dog. Going to the Mo-tab thing will be cool. I can’t wait to be able to go to those kinds of things again. Last week Elder House and I got a tour of the Pepsi plant here in Worland. It's a pretty neat place. Brother Dave GOFF Frahm showed us around there. HE has worked there for a LONG time. It's really amazing to me that all of the computers and equipment can all work together and make things like that. Then today we went to Crown Cork and Seal. The place where a tons of pop cans are made. It's very impressive to see it all. I never would have guessed that so much work goes into making soda and the cans. It's quite the process.

Elder House and I had the opportunity to teach Sister Butterfield. She is a non-member whose husband is an inactive member. There is a member here named Sister Casdorf, a great lady. I've heard a couple of members refer to her as SAINT TONI. Toni is her first name. She has picked up the Butterfield's kids for activities for a long time. And Sister Butterfield started coming to church 3 weeks ago. Then she wanted to meet with the missionaries. She has met with them before, and had a lot of confusion. Plus, her father is really against the church, and he is the one who raised her. She has concerns about that. We taught her on Friday morning. She had questions about temple sealings, repentance, the atonement and what having a testimony is. Just great questions. We were able to explain what we wanted to teach and what she could expect to get out of our meetings. She has really taken to us. SO now I am really not excited for transfers. I'll find out this Friday if I'm leaving Worland or if I get to stay for another. Just like every other time I would love to just stay. Not a big fan of being transferred, but I have learned to just do what I'm asked. It will work out and I'll love my new area just like my last 4 :) We taught Sister Butterfield for the second time this morning. She had great questions again. Coffee, beer, so Word of Wisdom Questions. Kingdoms of glory and progression after death and spirit world. Then towards the end she asked the best question yet. What things do I need to do to be baptized? :D :D :D :D : D so we went over the baptismal interview questions. It went so well. She is so prepared. For whatever reason she wasn't ready before, but now she is. And Elder House and I get to teach her. She really likes us. She told us to tell President Gardner that we couldn't leave if we were transferred because she needs us. She told us we explain things much better and more simple than the missionaries she met with before, and she isn't scared to ask questions, because we told her to ask questions. We said that we are her guides, to help her learn and if she has questions she needs to ask or we aren't going to know what she needs. So she asks question after question. And she enjoys and understands our answers, given to us from God. Sister Casdorf has been a huge blessing too. She is such a help in answering questions too. :) SO Sister Butterfield is on her way.

Now business, :) Tiff, Mom said that they got a letter from Dixie saying I needed to pay the application fee to apply. But online it said it was already paid. You sent that right? I don't know if you could call and talk to someone or what, but I thought you had sent it so I'm just checking. :) I still haven't completed the BYUI one. I will soon though. I haven't had a lot of time on P-day to dink round with it. Elder House and I got a lot of info about the Firefighting thing too. I'm going to apply online as soon as I figure out when I'll need to be back up here. The Snyders are funny too, they said that I can live with them when I come back too. :) They must like me or something. I'm pretty excited about the idea of doing this for the summer. It's going to be a tough job, but good money. Which will be nice for college, and possibly a car. I want a reliable car. :) So I'll have to see what I end up with after the summer and go from there. I don't want to have to take out loans if I don't have to. So I'll be working my bootie off during the summers which will be fine.

Things are going well. I guess we will see what happens for transfers. All of my packages will be late now I'm sure, if I get transferred, they will all come to Worland and I could be elsewhere for Christmas. Haha I'll have Christmas after Christmas. I love you all.

Current Area: Worland, Wyoming
Current Companion: Elder House

No comments: