The Elders LOVE Comments!

Both of the Elders have asked me to send them the comments people leave on this blog after reading their e-mails and looking at their pictures... One problem... No one comments! Leave the Elders some comments each week after you read their e-mails and check out their pictures! They'll love hearing from ALL of you! Thanks!

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

From Elder A. Goff - "WOWZERS...What a week."

Hey Family,

So a lot has changed and things are a lot different. Now I know a little better about what goes on behind the scenes for a mission to function properly. On Monday night at about 7 I got a call from President Gardner. He asked if I would be willing to come to Billings to work with him. He asked me to be his assistant. He asked me to pack my bags and be to billings the following day. We needed to be to Billings on Wednesday for Elder House anyways because he had a Dr's appointment. The hard part about it all was not being able to say bye to all the people I have grow to love In Worland. I was able to say goodbye to the Snyders, Trombleys and Richard Ramos. That was it. I packed my bags as quickly as I could and then we left to Billings Tuesday right after district meeting.

Being an assistant we do A LOT of stuff to help President Gardner. I never realized how much behind the scenes stuff is done to make sure a mission runs the way it is supposed to. When I first got here President took me into his office and talked to me about why I was made an assistant. I found it all very nice. I enjoyed hearing what he had to say. He explained that I will have many responsibilities and he expects the 2 assistants to do it without being asked. My companion is none other than the Famous Elder Parker L. Heywood from Gilbert, AZ. Haha we are pretty excited about being companions. Neither of us thought it would ever happen. And look at us now.

After I met with President Gardner I started working on Transfers. He had me sit at this big white board in his office with every missionary in the mission on it. Then we talked about the Elder and Sisters. I don't know all of them. I know about 2/3 of the missionaries in our mission right now. SO I gave input along with Elder King (the assistant before me) and with elder Heywood. It took days to feel good about the companionship's. Then I got to start on the route. Which is not an easy thing. I'll send pictures of what I drew out on a white board in our office. It's all color coded and has names of those being picked up and dropped off. It took quite a while. Then I had to go over it and over it with Elder Heywood to make sure we didn't forget anyone along the way. There is so much to Transfers in our mission. It's so spread out that you have to use a lot of planning and communication. So it's been a great learning experience.

As an assistant Elder Heywood and I will travel around the mission with President to the meetings and present training to the missionaries. Plus we cover a ward here in Billings. This week was crazy. There has been so much to do. I haven't gotten o bed until after 11:30 PM every night and have been awake around 5:30AM every morning. And we are busy all day everyday. I had a tough time staying awake in church yesterday. I have got to talk to all the Elders I trained which has been fun. All 3 of them have now trained. :) My lineage is growing. Everything is good though. I like billings, but I sure miss Worland. It was hard to leave. The family we live with are nice people, but they just aren't the Snyders. The Snyders were great and humble and fun. The Mom here that we live with just tells us what we can’t do in her home and all kinds of stuff...kind of a snob. I don't like that very much. I wish I could have stayed another transfer in Worland, but oh well. I got an e-mail from Pops and he said he knows this is where I'm supposed to be. I liked that, I know I need to be here. Doesn't mean I won’t miss WORLAND!! :D There are such great people down there. And I have already met great people here. I like working so close with President too. It's really cool to see how he works, and the inspiration that comes to him. I have a lot to learn this is going to be a fun couple of transfers.

We also got permission from the First Presidency to use SKYPE on CHRISTMAS!!!!! AHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know how it works so y'all need to let me know what I need to do. I LOVE YOU!!! If you have questions e-mail me. LOVE you and I'll send pictures later today. Left my cord at the house. We have been so busy I haven't even unpacked my stuff yet!! Haha Good times.

LOVE YOU!!! LOVE, Elder Austin Gene Goff

Current Area: Billings, Montana
Current Companion: Elder Heywood

No comments: