The Elders LOVE Comments!

Both of the Elders have asked me to send them the comments people leave on this blog after reading their e-mails and looking at their pictures... One problem... No one comments! Leave the Elders some comments each week after you read their e-mails and check out their pictures! They'll love hearing from ALL of you! Thanks!

Monday, April 26, 2010

From Elder A. Goff - "Hey Family!!!"

Elder A. Goff at Sinks Cliff Hanger

Hey there you people you,
It's me Elder G. I first wanted to ask about the letter that President Gardner sent to Mom and Pops! What in the world did he say? I forgot to ask when you mentioned it. So let an Elder know what his Pres has said. :D

So last P-Day We had a pretty good time. Some of you may have heard of a wonderful place God has created for the people here in Lander, Wyoming called Sinks Canyon. Everyone always talks about it and asks us if we have gone there. However there has been too much snow up there so we haven't had the chance to go yet, but it had mostly melted last week. So A member of our ward took Elder Ika and I and the 2 other elders to Sinks. Now let me explain in case you haven't heard of it and don't know what it is. I'm no expert on the subject, but I think I can explain it ok. So there are 2 parts to the place we went. The rise and the Sinks. This river sinks into the mountain and comes out about half a mile down the road. It's pretty neat. And there are a lot of caves. Apparently during the winter you can go hike down in the caves. When the snow starts melting it gets much too high. We got some sweet pictures. Elder Leslie and I were all over the place. Got stuck in the snow that hasn't melted. Loads of fun.

When we were done there we went to the park and threw a football around and some boomerangs!!! I sucked at throwing the Boomerang! I got one stuck in a tree though so that was pretty cool. Super Dooper.

I got to take Elder Ika to the Rez for the first time on Wednesday. I decided we should take our bikes. Elder Ika borrowed a bike from Bishop Sutton from Lander. It was a pretty warm day. About 65 I would guess. So we didn't take coats or anything. We got a ride to our first appointment and the next one was about 1/4 of a mile down the road. So after our first one we got on and rode to the next one and by the time we got there 2 minutes later my front tire was flat!!! LAME!!! haha. So we called a member and they came to get us so we didn't have to walk our bikes 6 miles into town. Tried to air it up and it just went flat again. So they took us to the church on the rez to wait for an appointment. After that we went to dinner and back to the church for another appointment. When we were at dinner it started to rain. When we got to the church it started Hailing!!! So I am convinced that my father in heaven saved Elder Ika and I from being destroyed by the huge hail!!! :D

Thursday it rained...Friday it really rained!!! What a week. Saturday it was beautiful. Then Sunday we were on the Rez for church and it started SNOWING!! haha holy Snow!

If you don't like the weather in Wyoming just wait 5 minutes. If you don't like the weather in Mesquite...MOVE!!! It’s always the same :D

I got a package from Sister Mangum for my Birthday. However, I am not allowed to open the gifts until my BIG 21! Haha I think if I did she would drive to Lander and "HIT" me. (Inside joke) sorry family. I'll explain it someday. Ask me about it on mother’s day or something.

The work goes on. This week we had more lessons than I have ever had in a week here. So things are looking good. Riding bikes is keeping my stomach from bulging. I do have a special request though. I love candy and all, but I have made up my mind to have my abs look like they did when I left by the time I come home. Therefore no more junk food. :D I am going on a "strict" diet of whatever I want except junk food. Good plan? I think so. Plus riding bikes is going to help.

Happy Birthday Pops. I love you and you are in my prayers. I'm sorry to hear about your job. You will find another one. I hope you have a good one. JoliAnn sent me a short E-mail that basically said happy birthday and we are going out to eat on your birthday to celebrate. Wish you could be here!?! haha I thought that was just special! :D Funny little sister. I should take a picture of the huge Brick of pictures I have that Tiff has sent me of all the fun you guys have without me!!! ;) I love showing off all my pictures you guys send me. :D I love you Pops. You are my hero. Never Forget it. Keep working hard and I will too. If you talk to Gramps tell him I say happy Birthday too.

Am I forgetting anything?! I didn't write much down to write about this week. Elder ika is still a Stud. We get along great and he will be assistant before he can blink.

Love Elder Austin Gene Goff

P.S. I got a hair cut :D But I had too many pictures I wanted to send. Next week I'll empty my card and send all of them to you. I have a lot of good ones. :)

Da Eldas!

Got stuck in the snow!

Bikes.. Like my safety goggles?  :)

Current Area: Lander, Wyoming
Current Companion: Elder Ika

No comments: