The Elders LOVE Comments!

Both of the Elders have asked me to send them the comments people leave on this blog after reading their e-mails and looking at their pictures... One problem... No one comments! Leave the Elders some comments each week after you read their e-mails and check out their pictures! They'll love hearing from ALL of you! Thanks!

Monday, August 23, 2010

From Elder A. Goff - "First Week in Worland"

"3 Generations"

Hey there Everyone,

It's me Elda G, Still in Wy-OM-ING! So, last P-day Elder Hinton and I went and played some ball with a couple of high school kids and kicked their trash. Alright, So we lost 2 and Won 3. Which isn't anything to get boastful about. I think Ammon's words were fitting when he said, "I do not Boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God. Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can beat Freshman at basketball." Now school is started though so no kids will be at the community center on Monday afternoons anymore. Bummer though, Elder Hinton and I will work on our skills and only play left handed for the rest of the transfer. ;)

Worland is great; We have a lot of stuff going on and a few great people who are progressing towards baptism. Which is awesome to see. A lot happened this week, but I'm going to talk about some of the funniest things. Starting with a phone call from the assistants. So picture this, We were walking up to a less active member's door at 3:00PM on Thursday, August 19, 2010 when the phone rang. “Assistants Mobile one", the phone called out in the brisk afternoon. Elder Hinton answered and they said to him, “How long does it take you to get to Billings?" About 4 hours I Think Elder Hinton said. They said you better get in the car and drive then. One of the People Elder Hinton taught was getting baptized at 7 Pm that night and President wanted Elder Hinton to be there. So we drove home and by 3:16 we were packed and back in the car. Yes, I really did pack that fast. I assured Elder Hinton I would not be speeding. I explained the time I was arrested for Criminal Speeding, my time in jail and so forth. He got a good laugh out of that. It ended up only taking about 3 hours and 20 minutes. Without speeding, and one restroom break that lasted approximately 3 minutes. We made it to the baptism. I wasn't expecting to see many other Elders I knew, but transfers were just last week. Elder Newman, the Second Elder I trained was there. Plus Elder Newman is now training a new Elder. So I have a Grandson. :D That was pretty neat to find out. I got to see Elder Vroom, One of the Elders I was in the MTC with. And a couple of other Elders I have served around in the past. It was really good to see them all. :)

The next day, Friday, Elder Hinton and I were asked to go on team ups with the assistants since we were there anyways and we wouldn't need to make another trip to Billings. The Assistants had a busy morning so we asked President the night before if we could go to the temple. He said we could, so Elder Hinton and I woke up Friday morning and got to go to the Billings temple. It was great and well needed. After that we went on team ups. I went with Elder Fischer, and Elder Hinton went with Elder Unga.

Now for the most interesting person I have ever run into while tracting. We went to try a potential investigator, they weren't interested so we tracted the houses until we got back to the car. The first few weren't home, and then we knocked on a door waited, knocked again and turned to walk away after waiting for the second time. As we went down the steps we heard the door open and turned around to see a woman standing in a sun dress? I think that's what it was. I don't know. haha Anyways, We started talking to her and as I was standing there I was like, “Wow, This lady really looks like a Dude!" We asked if she had any religious background and she said why yes I am Peagan. So we started asking what she believed after she dies. She said well We go back to our mother of course and pointed under Elder Fischer's feet. Elder Fischer jumped out of the way of where she pointed and she said oh, you know, Mother Earth. So we said you think that we die and that's it? She said no, I believe we will come back in another life. She said I personally have had many lives. I'm sure you boy's have too. They are really very easy to think about too. You can remember memories from your last lives. So we asked her how she could do it and she said you just need to concentrate on your energy and there they will be. haha Sounds easy right?! then we asked what sound of her past lifes were and she said, well in two of my last lifes I was a Samari Soldier. I once died when I was 18 in battle then again in a later life when I was 25. haha I just about lost it when she said that. Then she said that she also spent time in what we would refer to as the Holy land. She knew Jesus and he Wasn't the Son of God. We talked a little more and right at the end we asked what her name was and she paused....ViVON. hahahaha She really was a dude! He was a man in a dress with breasts, and YUCK!!! But man we learned a lot from that experience, Like Don't smoke Crack. It's a much better story when It's not typed. Elder Fischer and I had a good time talking about it. That dude will be very surprised when he dies.

After team ups we went to Red Robin and got dinner. Then we called Sister Smith who was in the MTC with me and just got transferred to Billings and went to say hi. I haven't seen her since we were out about 2 months. And we just hit our 16 month mark yesterday. It was good to see and talk to her and find out what's been going on. She goes home in 2 transfers. Crazy the Sisters we came out with will be heading home soon.

Team ups were great though. We had a ball and taught some great lessons. Next week Elder Hinton and I will be in Lander and Riverton on team ups with the other Elders down there. So I will get to go to my old stomping grounds which will be great. There are a few people I didn't get to get pictures with. That's about all for this week. Joli, thanks for the pictures of girls camp and the E-mail. I'm glad you are playing soccer. You will love it and Terry Ogden is the man. Tell him I say hi ok Sis? Pops thanks for writing too. I love you all. Love you Tiff and Jason, and Mom and Glen and Garrett and Joli and anyone else I didn’t type. I hope all is well. LOVE YOU!!!!!

Love, Elder Austin Gene Goff

"Elder Hinton and I"

"Elder Vroom and I"

"I'M TIRED!!!!!"

"Sister Smith and I"

Current Area: Worland, Wyoming
Current Companion: Elder Hinton

No comments: