The Elders LOVE Comments!

Both of the Elders have asked me to send them the comments people leave on this blog after reading their e-mails and looking at their pictures... One problem... No one comments! Leave the Elders some comments each week after you read their e-mails and check out their pictures! They'll love hearing from ALL of you! Thanks!

Monday, August 9, 2010

From Elder S. Goff - "Unidad"

Well, my buddy Dahlen will be back in Bunkerville this week and I really can’t believe that it has already been 2 years since that guy took off time really does fly. I'm working on 13 months now and I was talking to elder Teahan and it really doesn’t seems like its been that’s long cause a year ago we were in the MTC together and it seems like it was last week we were there.

So about my new comp his name is elder Salazar he has 5 months in the mission and he is from Puebla, Puebla. He was the only member of his family till his brother was baptized last year. He is a really great guy.

Elder Salazar was pretty disappointed this first week in this new area here. There was one day that we didn’t have anything at all so we went to contact. We did that for over 7 hours that day and had one lesson. he told me that he is dying and I feel bad cause his other areas were really easy he says and everyone had time to listen to them but here they all have money and really don’t care. I don’t think he likes this area to much but we are trying our best to find the people that we are here to find.

We were out contacting one day and we found this lady out washing her porch and we stopped to talk to her. she really opened up to us about this that are going on in her family and asked if we could help we told her yes and taught her the first lesson and she was really into it but he found out that the house she was at wasn’t hers she was just working but her house was in the area of elder Teahan so I was happy with that. I passed here address to him and her was planning on going by this coming week but at church there was a lady in his ward that told Teahan and his comp to go to her house after church cause she had a neighbor that wanted to talk to them so they went with the sister from their ward to this other lady and when they got there it was the same address as I gave him and Teahan asked if she knew me and she did. It was the same lady. Teahan said that she is golden and was just really awesome to teach because she was interested. I’m just happy I helped out in someway with it I know it’s not in my area but we helped her out in someway I think.

So in church yesterday I learned something new about president Hinckley. I knew he had a tough mission but I never knew his numbers from his mission or anything and I found out that president Hinckley only had 2 baptism in his mission 1 the first year and 1 the second. I get down on myself cause I know I haven’t had to much success but I decided that that really doesn’t matter if I do all I can for the time I here the lord will be happy with me. I just thought that my mission was going to be so easy cause I thought Mexico all the people are like jumping in the water down there but nope not really its really tough here and I this area its really tough no one wants us but we have some more ideas of what to do and we are going to trying so new things to see what works best.

We do have a couple people progressing well and we hope to commit a few this weeks to baptism. I’m really excited and really hope it turns out well. I love you all and thanks for everything.

ELDER S. GOFF

P.S. 9 months in Mexico today!!!!

Current Area: Down Town Tampico, Mexico - Unidad
Current Companion: Elder Salazar

No comments: