The Elders LOVE Comments!

Both of the Elders have asked me to send them the comments people leave on this blog after reading their e-mails and looking at their pictures... One problem... No one comments! Leave the Elders some comments each week after you read their e-mails and check out their pictures! They'll love hearing from ALL of you! Thanks!

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

From Elder S. Goff - "Hello"


Sorry I didn’t get t write yesterday it was a very crazy day but I'm here now. my comp elder alderete is no longer with me he took off on Wednesday afternoon and I went with elder adan my buddy from moreloes MX and my new buddy elder young from pleasant grove Utah who has a week here in Mexico now. I went with them till yesterday when I received a new comp. his name is elder Salazar and he is a way good guy and has a really amazing story about him self that he told me last night.
well so last week when I was still with alderete we went and visited a family, a mom and he two kids and there cousin showed up as well the mom is a less active and has been for 15 years. Her son José has 14 years of age and her daughter Julia has 12 years of age. There cousins name is Omar and he is 15. We went over there to have breakfast with then cause there mom invited us over here name is anjelica I’m not sure if I've talked about them before or not but I will now. We ate with then and then shared the 1st lesson with them. the 1st time we went we were talking about José smith and the BOM and the kids had no idea what we were talking about and we had already taken up a lot of there time so we set up an appointment to talk about the first lesson but I gave them each a pamphlet of the 1st lesson so they could read it and then we could talk about it the next time. When we went back José the 14 year old told me that he read it and I was like great and what did you learn? He told me well now I know who José smith was. I was like great who was he and José told me that he was a prophet called by god to restore the church after it was last after the death of Christ. I was like wow that’s great. I then asked him if he knew what the BOM was and he told me well its scripture from god. It’s like the biblia pero it was wrote by profetas here in the Americas but in an old language and José smith translated it with the help of god. I was so happy he read and understood everything and it just made me so happy. The whole lesson went great and he had another appointment with them on Saturday but the mom called and said that they had other things to do. We will visit them again on Thursday and see how they have been doing and I hope its all going great.

Hey pop guess what so I met a guy who served in the Knoxville mission from here. oh and momma Wolfe I asked if he served in signal mountain but he said ne he said he never made it to Chattanooga IKD how it spell but I’m sure you’ll figure it out. He is the ward mission leader of a ward I was in the past week with some other elders and he is a way cool guy.

I have seen the difference in having the spirit with you while you teach and search for people and when you don’t. This week Adan, Young and I were in 2 areas back and forth and we were still able to get a lot done. It was a lot of fun being with those 2 guys and I was hoping to finish out the change with them but that didn’t happen. It’s ok though.

So yesterday adan young and me washed in the morning and cleaned their house and then went to the offices to do stuff for elder young’s visa then we went shopping and back to the house. When I got back to the house I got a call from the assistant saying that I would be getting a comp and I needed to go back to the offices. Why they didn’t tell me when I was there I have no idea but it’s all good. Me comp has 5 months in the mission and is in his 3rd area now. Pretty crazy cause I ended up being in my 1st area for 6 months. He is a convert of 5 year and he and 1 of his little brothers are the only members besides some aunts and uncles he has. He is ready to go to work and we have big things planned for this area so well see how it all goes. I love you all and thanks for everything.
--

lotta love GOFF



Current Area: Down Town Tampico, Mexico - Unidad
Current Companion: Elder Salazar

No comments: