The Elders LOVE Comments!

Both of the Elders have asked me to send them the comments people leave on this blog after reading their e-mails and looking at their pictures... One problem... No one comments! Leave the Elders some comments each week after you read their e-mails and check out their pictures! They'll love hearing from ALL of you! Thanks!

Monday, August 30, 2010

From Elder A. Goff - "Hello Again"

Brother Wilcock and I in Worland

Hey everyone.

This week was really good. On Tuesday we had District Meeting which is always good, and helps me do better. The neat part about Tuesday though was I got a call from Brother Wilcock from Helena. Just a great guy and I love his family. He called and was coming through town from Denver and wanted to take Elder Hinton and me out to eat so he came and took us to Pizza Hut. I got to ask about all the people in Helena and how they are doing. It was really nice to hear about everyone. I got a picture with him. He has dropped like 50 pounds too. I was way surprised. He looked good though. He is still going to try to drop 30 more or something. I don't remember. Pretty Neat though.

On Thursday we were on team ups with Elder Wells and Elder Herber here in Worland. It went well. Elder Hinton and Herber found 4 new investigators. While Elder Wells and I spent most of the day contacting a HUGE list of less active families. It went well. We found a few people who wanted us to come back and visit. So we added to our teaching pool on team ups that day.

Then on Sunday Brother Paris told us about a lady who used to be taught by the Elders so we went after church to find her. We found her and she let us right in. She had 2 daughters with her as well and we got to teach them too. So that's 3 more new investigators. Now we just need to see if they are going to progress at all. Which is when we can actually be excited about it. It doesn't mean much until they are progressing.

Ann Martinsen is doing well. This week when we went over there we watched Joseph Smith-The prophet of the Restoration. She really liked it. It's the one they play at temple square in Salt Lake. She still says she isn't ready to set a date to be baptized, but hopefully she will soon.

Another person we are teaching is Jeremy Crippin. His wife and kids are members, but he has never joined and they decided to start taking the lessons about a month before I got here. He is doing well and he wants to be baptized. He just has a couple of habits he has got to break first. So we will see what happens. Elder Hinton would really like to see Jeremy get baptized before he goes home. I guess we will see what the Lord has planned for him.

I'm not feeling so hot today. Which isn't very fun. The last couple of days in a row I have been getting these pounding headaches. Then this morning I woke up feeling like poo and with a fever.

Elder Hinton and I are headed down to Lander tomorrow to do team ups with Elder Catron and Elder Wilkins. Then Wednesday with Elder Searle and Houston. Then we will go to Riverton on Thursday and be on team ups with Elder Magelson and Merrell. Then Friday we will be with the other Riverton set. Elder Hepworth and Lewis. Then we will come back to Worland and Saturday we will drive to Burlington to do a baptismal interview. Sunday we will drive to Ten Sleep for church. Another ward we cover that Elder Hinton has only been to once. So I talked him into going on Sunday. His excuse was that there is no work out there. So I said well there won’t be any work until missionaries start going out there and doing something. So that's what our week is looking like. It should go by like a flash of light. I'm sure it will.

Elder Hinton is pretty dang trunkie. He is ready to be out of here, but he still works so that is a huge plus. I love it here. I hope all is well back home. Thanks for another pretty tie Tiff. I got a lot of compliments on it when we were at church yesterday. I love you all.
Love, Elder Austin Gene Goff

Ken and I.  This "interesting" guy we visit.

Current Area: Worland, Wyoming
Current Companion: Elder Hinton

No comments: