The Elders LOVE Comments!

Both of the Elders have asked me to send them the comments people leave on this blog after reading their e-mails and looking at their pictures... One problem... No one comments! Leave the Elders some comments each week after you read their e-mails and check out their pictures! They'll love hearing from ALL of you! Thanks!

Monday, October 18, 2010

From Elder S. Goff - "1st week in Victoria"

Dang Jason is a little skinny dude now. I think he might be smaller than me but I can’t help it they wont stop giving me tortillas. :)

So, me and my kid are doing pretty good here elder tec. he is really excited to be here He is over a year older then me but still seems younger. He is the oldest in his family and the 1st to go on a mission. He is really quiet when we are in the street and it’s tough to keep a conversation going. He is still pretty nervous to just go out and talk to anyone in the street but he will get it. He is always asking questions which is good so he can learn.

Our area is pretty awesome I love. There are a bunch of hills that we get to play on everyday and climb some dirt and some paved. One part of our area is really close to center Victoria where you can buy stuff and another part is up on the side of the valley. At night it’s pretty awesome to see all the lights down below. I haven’t taken any pics yet but I'll get some this week to send to you guys. It's a really pretty place. The weather is amazing here right now as well. I sweat a bunch still but in the mornings it’s perfect maybe even a little too cold but it’s a good change.

We are going to have a baptism this week on Saturday already. I'm so stocked for that. The kid came to church yesterday and loved it. Also in church we got to meet a lot of the members and talk to new people. I ended up giving the gospel principles class and I didn’t know I was going to so I felt like I did a crappy job but it was a subject that isn’t too hard to talk on. It was faith in jesuscrist. This week I will get a lesson ready just in case the teacher doesn’t show up again.

We did a ton of knocking on doors this week and I hope some of the people we found will progress. The people here are nicer than my last area and open their doors to listen but we don’t want them to just listen. We will see how it goes. I have an activity planned that I’m going to present to the bishop this next week and hopefully it goes well. I am thinking about trying a few new things here to see what will happen. Everything is going great though.

In my district I have a guy from my group from the MTC and I’m pretty stocked for that.  I’m going with him in a bit to sams club to buy a big thing of granola for the granola and yogurt that I love so much. I’m pretty excited.  There are some cool things up here, there is even a zoo that I think we will be going to sometime soon to play with Joli's real family. haha just playing sis I love you :) well everything is going great I’m happy and we are working super hard.  I hope everything is going just as great for all you back home. Love you guys.

Sawyer Garrett

A scripture I want to share that I love its DyC 128, 22 I found it today and I just had to tell you guys about

Love ya

D&C 128:22 says… Brethren, shall we not go on in so great a cause? Go forward and not backward. aCourage, brethren; and on, on to the victory! Let your hearts rejoice, and be exceedingly glad. Let the earth break forth into bsinging. Let the cdead speak forth anthems of eternal praise to the dKing Immanuel, who hath ordained, before the world was, that which would enable us to eredeem them out of their fprison; for the prisoners shall go free.

Current Area: Victoria City, Mexico
Current Companion: Elder Tec

No comments: