The Elders LOVE Comments!

Both of the Elders have asked me to send them the comments people leave on this blog after reading their e-mails and looking at their pictures... One problem... No one comments! Leave the Elders some comments each week after you read their e-mails and check out their pictures! They'll love hearing from ALL of you! Thanks!

Monday, November 15, 2010

From Elder S. Goff - "Hola Fam"

Elder Sawyer Garrett Goff - Victoria City, Mexico

Welp

The Goff and Tec show

Well this week was filled with adventures. With other elders coming to our area and me kicking Tec out in to the world alone to learn for himself. We were in a 3 sum for a day because another district leader was going to do divisions so he left his son with me to take care of him. Elder cook from Syracuse, Utah. He has about 3 months in the mish. Well he came with us to work and well my comp and I had another person from our ward coming to help us that same day so we ended up doing splits. I went with elder cook and Tec went with Marcos our ward mission leader. The night went good and I think it was really needed for my friend the cook. He is getting tired of being with his dad and well just wants a change. He seemed to be loving life when he was with us but he said usually he never talks in the street and he is just bored all the time but I think I helped him have fun. I told him there is no sense in doing it if you’re really not happy. I was like I think even Jesus said jokes to his apostles when they were preaching or played with the Pharisees when they were trying to trick him. I mean I bet he thought it was hilarious when he was walking on water and they thought he was a ghost. I told him ya gotta have fun, talk and joke around. Don’t make yourself look like an idiot in front of everyone in the street but have a good time. Show the people you enjoy being here and they will want to listen. I think I helped the cook see the bright side of the mission. :)

The next day after he took off with his comp again, my comp took off with one zone leader and the other one came with me. I was with a guy from my same group but he is from México, Elder Cardenas. We had a great time together. We ended up putting another baptism date and just enjoying life. We were booked when he came with me and we ended up even running to some appointment that we had. It was great. I really felt like that’s the way we should work. I've never had someone who has wanted to run because we were late but I loved doing it because people could see that they were important to us. I really enjoyed being with him for that day.

We also had zone conference this week. It went really great. We talked about faith and we read a talk from elder Bednar that was talking about the faith we put in our prayers that I loved. Like in James in the bible it says faith without works is dead well bednar explained it in his talk great. He said its like when people get up and say a prayer to bless the missionaries to find more people or that the people who aren’t here can be here next week. Well we can put that in our prayer all the time if we want. But what are we doing to help? When we say prayers like that, we need to do our part. Tell the missionaries about your friend so they can find them and go out and see why the people weren’t at church. I’m not positive what the talk is called but I will let yall know next week.

I'd like to send a shout out to JOLI for her 16th B DAY this week! Felicidades! I love ya sis. Also, Tiff tell your neighbors thanks for the drawings they sent me, I love them.

I love you all have a great week

Love Elder Goff

Current Area: Victoria City, Mexico
Current Companion: Elder Tec

No comments: