The Elders LOVE Comments!

Both of the Elders have asked me to send them the comments people leave on this blog after reading their e-mails and looking at their pictures... One problem... No one comments! Leave the Elders some comments each week after you read their e-mails and check out their pictures! They'll love hearing from ALL of you! Thanks!

Monday, November 29, 2010

From Elder A. Goff - "3rd week, 3rd transfer, 4th area."

Well family,

This week has been tough for my companion Elder House. Mostly the last couple of days. We started out the week on Tuesday with team ups with the assistants, Elder King and Elder Heywood. We worked all day, including Elder House. Then Wednesday we worked all day again, then that evening he was told by President to cool it. To go back to the house and stop trying to be superman. We noticed early in the week where he had his appendix out there was a funky looking bulge. I told him to call the doc and find out what he needed to do. He would then say he was fine and tell me that he didn't have the doc's number anyway. So this went on until Saturday when the bulge was started to really hurt him. So I got on Google and found the number for Dr. Miller. I called and the lady that answered asked if it was an emergency and I said yes. She paged Dr. Miller and he called our cell almost immediately. He drove up from Thermopolis and called us when he got to Worland. Then we met him down at the hospital. He checked it out and said that he probably had an infection. So he got some antibiotics and the doc told him to put a heat pad on it for the night and he would call Sunday after church and meet us at the hospital again in case it didn't go away. Well, it didn't go away. So Dr. Miller had to open the wound back up and drain it then packed it. Which means he put gauze in his wound so now it gets to heal from the inside out. Today the nurse came in and changed it. Elder House was not a fan and I can't blame him. It did not look like fun having gauze pulled out of his open hole in his tummy. Then she had to put another piece in it. And tomorrow I get to learn how to do it so I can do it for Elder House as he heals. There are some pictures we took of it, but I'm not sure all of you would enjoy seeing it. It looks pretty rad, I didn't get dizzy or anything. Maybe I'll do surgery like Jason. It didn't bother me. Who knows though. Maybe it will tomorrow when I learn how to pack it. The part I'm not excited about is hurting him. He said the packing part really hurt. I don't think it's only that though, I think he is hurting other ways too. I think he is sick of being in the hospital on his mission. He has had a couple of surgeries on his mission. Hopefully he heals quick. Keep him in your prayers.

The week other than that has been good. We still taught 16 lessons, without doing a whole lot. Taught a lot of people online. The facebook stuff is picking up. I just need to find a more effective way of getting people to follow my blog. Thanks for all your love and support. Less than thirty days until I call home? I think so.

Love, Elder Austin Gene Goff

Current Area: Worland, Wyoming
Current Companion: Elder House

No comments: