The Elders LOVE Comments!

Both of the Elders have asked me to send them the comments people leave on this blog after reading their e-mails and looking at their pictures... One problem... No one comments! Leave the Elders some comments each week after you read their e-mails and check out their pictures! They'll love hearing from ALL of you! Thanks!

Monday, November 1, 2010

From Elder A. Goff - "Best week EVER!"

Elder Horspool, Herber, Jamsa, House Butler and Goff.  The District.

Hey Everyone,

Elder house and I had quite the week this week. I'll just start by saying, 6 baptismal dates, 8 Member Present Lessons, 13 Other Lessons, 12 Less-Active lessons and 6 progressing investigators. Elder House and I sat down after our Zone Conference with Elder Alan Packer and talked about things we wanted to work on to have the spirit more. We talked about a lot of little things we knew we could work on. So that's what we did, and what a huge difference the little things make! We Prayed a lot, Listened a lot and answered every time. I think that's the reason all of this has happened. We put it in the Lord's hands and went to work.

We set dates with a part member family, The Rasberry's, They have two kids over the age of 8 that want to be baptized. Steffany Salcedo is another one, She has a step sister who served a mission, and has never been way interested in the gospel. Now she is. Jason Allen, a 17 year old who knows the church is true. Amber Kunz, Her husband is a member of the church, but is pretty less active. We went with bishop to visit them the first time. Amber had her work out buddy over, Darcy. So now Amber and Darcy both have dates. So that's the 6. Transfers are on Friday. I'm not worried at all. This has been one of the best transfers of my mission. For sure one of the best weeks. Elder House and I work so well together. I know If I leave he will make sure these people are taken care of. We shall see what happens once again.

We were also asked earlier in the week to speak at the Ten Sleep branch. Once again I felt like the spirit was so strong. I was asked to speak on how gaining a testimony of The Book of Mormon could help us do missionary work. I had some notes in my planner for my talk, and when I got up it's like it all flowed perfectly. I bore my testimony at the end and it was incredible. I have felt the spirit that strong only on a few occasions. It was like my whole body was on fire. Starting at my head going to my feet. I just hope everyone else felt what I did.

Elder House and I are ended down to Lander for team ups. It's the last week of the transfer, but we are doing it now because we need to do a couple of baptismal interviews so they can be baptized this weekend. I'm excited to go down south again. I might not get to do that again for a little while. At least I get to see one of my old areas. I'm going to get my eyebrows plucked today :S haha I am sure I'm going to cry. I'm a baby.

So family, I have been thinking about what to do when I get home. There is a member here, Brother Russell, He works for the BLM as a firefighter. He talked to Elder house and I and told us that during the summers he has college age people come work for him fighting fires all over. I would make anywhere from $8000-$10,000 in the summer. That would set me up for college. So I have been thinking about doing it a lot. I would only be home for like 2 weeks before I left again. What do you all think? We better get going. I love you all.

Love, Elder Austin Gene Goff
 
New Buffalo Riders Picture.

Sunset. Worland, WY.

Current Area: Worland, Wyoming
Current Companion: Elder House

1 comment:

Leah said...

I'm excited to read your blog. I'm the mother of Elder Cassaro who is serving in Billings. Elder House was his second companion in the mission field. I LOvE seeing pictures and reading the letters of other missionaries in the Billings Mission. I feel connected to them as well as my own son.
This is a great blog-site to read often. Keep it up. Love the letter,
Sister Cassaro