The Elders LOVE Comments!

Both of the Elders have asked me to send them the comments people leave on this blog after reading their e-mails and looking at their pictures... One problem... No one comments! Leave the Elders some comments each week after you read their e-mails and check out their pictures! They'll love hearing from ALL of you! Thanks!

Monday, May 17, 2010

From Elder A. Goff - "Snowing Tuesday, Mowing lawns Saturday"



Hey there family.

What a week! I'll tell you what. You should all enjoy this e-mail. I'll see what I can do to make it entertaining. So last Monday was good. Played a lot of ball and had a good time. I have noticed that ever since I hit a year that my mail is steadily decreasing. Sad I know. I still have a few who write very faithfully, and for that I am very grateful. So thank you faithful letter writers. To the rest of you...You can do better than that. :D haha

Tuesday we woke up at 6:30 as usual and found as we looked out our window that the snow that had been predicted had not appeared. Then 2 hours later we looked out and HUGE snowflakes were coming down. It is beautiful to see. I wouldn't mind living here just to watch it snow. The aftermath is what drives me crazy. This snow was very wet, very heavy snow and it pretty much snowed through Wednesday. What an adventure that was. We actually had the car for the first time this transfer when it has snowed. As we drove for place to place we were talking about how we wouldn't have a good story to write home about since we weren't on our bikes. So we went home at about 9:30 and gave ourselves something to write home about. We got on our bikes and rode in the snow and huge "SLUSH PUDDLES". It was a lot of fun. I want you all to know that I got completely and totally wet and muddy and I really enjoyed letting the kid in me out in all his little glory. Good Times.

I would also like you all to know that the snow melted in record time and the streets were rivers on each side. Then on Saturday we were in Hudson and mowed a couple of lawns. It was pretty incredible. I have a firm belief that you should not be able to have a foot of snow on Wednesday then be mowing lawns on Saturday. It totally screws with my understanding of Mother Nature, and how she operates. Back home I hear it is 90 degrees. That sounds little more like what May should be like, but no..SNOW SNOW SNOW!!  haha.

On Thursday Elder Ika and I didn't have a dinner appointment. So Elder Ika whipped up some Sloppy Joes that we were both craving anyways. Sloppy Joe Craving? I know..Give me a break. I'm a missionary not a health nut alright? :D So we each ate way too much, way to fast and then we went to play basketball at 8 Pm. With some members and less actives. If you are all thinking...Bad idea Elder Goff...you thought correctly. We played 3 games to 15 and they were pretty intense. I thought several times I was going to leave Sloppy Joe all over the court. I was able to keep it all down don't worry. Until we got home that is. I went in to use the bathroom and when I was washing my hands I started coughing and I made it to the toilet just in time to get rid of it. Bye Bye sloppy Joes. Needless to say I don't think I will be craving Sloppy Joes again anytime soon. I'll be writing "NO SLOPPY JOES" on the dinner calendar next time we pass it around.

Also On Thursday when we were playing basketball I took the points of a couple of fingers to the nose when I was taking the ball up. I went crashing to the ground and thought for sure I had a broken nose. I felt it and it seemed alright so I stood up and My nose started bleeding from the inside and Where I got hit on the outside of my nose it was bleeding as well. haha He got me good. I'm alright. I have an ugly scab on my face now though. Silly fingernails. People should really trim them before they go around stabbing servants of God in the nose with them. :D I'm really lucky it wasn't my eye honestly. I would have been in a world of hurt. I still was, but I’ll have you know I stayed tough. Went and got cleaned up and came in and our team won! WOO HOO! See what happens when you punch Elder Goff in the nose...He comes out victorious. Elder Rocky Goff. ;)

Alright enough of the funny stuff. This week we had 3 re-activations which are equal to 3 baptisms in my book. Sonny Shoyo, A member out on the rez who started coming back when Elder kuck was here. Since he started coming he has only missed one week and he even called President Larsen to let him know he couldn't make it. Then a lady and her daughter here in Lander as well. Her husband died in a car wreck less than a year ago and has had a tough time with it. and as never been super active, but we have been visiting with her every week we can and she has been almost every week to church and was called as a relief society teacher about 3 weeks ago and taught for the first time Yesterday!!! WOO HOO!!! Plus her Daughter has been coming as well! I think I like re-activations almost more than baptisms. :D Sure feels good to see that happen. Gotta love it all. It's all the Lord's work.

I wanted to ask Tiff about my other memory card. As long as you have everything saved then erase everything off of it and send it to me and I’ll send the one I have now to you. You will all enjoy the pictures and videos on there.

We find out Transfers on Friday. I'm not worried this time. Whatever Happens is what the Lord wants to happen. I’m starting to see that more and more in life.

I love you all and it was sure nice to talk to everyone on mother’s day. You are in my prayers always.
Love,

Elder Austin Gene Goff

"I love doing this. Helena 5th ward could be my witnesses."

"Wind River District and Zone Leaders on top"

"We Da Eldas"

"HAHAHAHA Matching sweaters. More to come"

Current Area: Lander, Wyoming
Current Companion: Elder Ika

No comments: