The Elders LOVE Comments!

Both of the Elders have asked me to send them the comments people leave on this blog after reading their e-mails and looking at their pictures... One problem... No one comments! Leave the Elders some comments each week after you read their e-mails and check out their pictures! They'll love hearing from ALL of you! Thanks!

Monday, May 31, 2010

From Elder A. Goff - "Family, Friends, and Loved Ones Around the World

Elder G

Well Everyone,

It was our first week covering 2 wards and 2 branches. What an adventure it has been. We spent Friday, Saturday and Sunday morning in DuBois. We decided we had better go to Dubois as soon as we could. It's the only place we haven't been. We have been in the North part of Lander so it won’t be hard to learn the South part of Lander as well. We go to Fort Washakie a couple times a week and know the area pretty good so we headed out to DuBois to learn the area. Only problem was that the last Elders didn't update their area book in a loooong time. The last update was in February. We didn't know who the Branch Mission Leader was. Didn't know who they had been teaching. All we knew was that they loved going to DuBois. So we went up the same time that they did. Thinking they went that long because they were busy. WRONG! I have a feeling they used it as a vacation most of the time. When we finally figured out who the branch mission leader was we got a few names of people they had been teaching. Which still wasn't enough to spend 3 days there. So needless to say we have some work to do. And an area book to fix...Well actually 2 of them. Their Lander area book doesn't look so hot either. DuBois is beautiful though. Where we stayed with a member we were right next to the wind river. So I spent some down time chasing Geese and Deer. (I didn't catch any) Plus DuBois is surrounded by beautiful Red Rocks. I have to admit it made me think of St. George. And it also snowed up there on Saturday.

On Tuesday we had a really cool lesson with a younger guy Named James. I think he is 22. He and an LDS girl had a baby recently and they were having some problems so she moved back with her parents and James decided to take the lessons. It was incredible! He had a lot of good questions and a few misconceptions as well. He told us he learned a lot and had a lot of things cleared up. He was impressed that we were regular guys. We had struggles in life too. He enjoyed hearing our personal experiences as well. He figured missionaries would be stuck up and think they were the best thing in the world. We knocked that out of him pretty quick. We taught the Restoration and he felt like it really made sense. So I guess we will see. We are supposed to teach him again tomorrow.

Now to explain why I am E-mailing so late today. Elder Ika and I spent from about 10 to 1 helping Brother Alexander the guy we live with around his place. Then we went to Popo Agie falls. (Pronounced PaPO ) Heck I don't know how to make the sounds with letters. I'll just send a video of me saying it. :D Anyways. It's about a 2 mile hike and Elder Ika and I had a ball. We hiked to the falls and even went a little farther and got some incredible pictures. I took over 100 pictures today. So I won’t be able to send them all. Sorry. :D

I also think that I am getting fruit allergies! Bananas have bugged my throat for a long time, but now I've noticed that watermelon and cucumbers do the same thing. I don't know what's going on. Haha I just avoid them now. Is it possible to develop allergies to food later in life? I've heard both ways. Or am I just paranoid? haha

I would also like to give a shout out to my main man Daiton. I was thinking about him the other day and wrote down in my planner to tell him I miss his guts.

Thanks for the pictures Tiff. I'm sending a picture with this e-mail of my BRICK of pictures. It's pretty rad.

I love you all.

Love, Elder Austin Gene Goff

Current Area: Lander, Wyoming
Current Companion: Elder Ika

Drive to DuBois

The Falls

No comments: