The Elders LOVE Comments!

Both of the Elders have asked me to send them the comments people leave on this blog after reading their e-mails and looking at their pictures... One problem... No one comments! Leave the Elders some comments each week after you read their e-mails and check out their pictures! They'll love hearing from ALL of you! Thanks!

Monday, May 24, 2010

From Elder A. Goff - "Transfers...Guess what happened this time?!"

Cowboy Baby
Family,
So I'd like to start out by telling you all that Elder Ika and I set some pretty lofty goals during weekly planning for the last week of the transfer. We haven't set goals so high since I have been here. We felt we could make it happen though. It was quite the week. We were going full speed all week and it went by really fast. We ended up meeting almost all of our goals and finished the week out with 26 lessons. Which is pretty good for the area we cover. Once again we did not have the car and it rained on us a lot. What else is new right?! Haha At first it was fun to ride around in because I knew I would at least have something good to write home about. Now I'm just sick of the rain and snow! Always covered in mud and looking like a couple of bums. On the other hand I know as soon as it gets really hot that I'm going to complain about that as well. :D There is just no such thing as a happy medium.

There is a guy we teach named Jay Parker. He is an older guy and served in the military in Japan for 3 years or so. He loves to talk about government and things and we aren't allowed to talk about that kind of stuff. However, He is Mormon already he just doesn't know it. As in he talks like a Mormon and has a lot of the same views. So we printed off a talk which I'm sure most of you have read or heard at some time in your lives. It's called "Our Divine Constitution" by President Ezra Taft Benson. It is an incredible talk and I have been thinking a lot about it since I have read it almost everyday for the last week and a half. I suggest that you all look it up and give it a read. Plus a book written by Glenn Beck that I have skimmed through at Jay's house it's called "Common Sense". It seems like a neat book and it will be one of my first reads when I get home. It's just interesting to see how Prophesies are fulfilled just like they are supposed to. On the front of my new planner I put a couple of things that I have been thinking about a lot.
My Planner
I established the Constitution of this land, by the hands of wise men whom I raised up unto this very purpose. -The Lord (D&C 101:80)
We are fast approaching that moment prophesied by Joseph Smith when he said, "Even this nation will be on the very verge of crumbling to pieces and tumbling to the ground, and when the Constitution is upon the brink of ruin, this people will be the staff upon which the nation shall lean, and they shall bear the Constitution away from the very verge of destruction."
This next one I absolutely love....WE THE PEOPLE...NOT THEM THE GOVERNMENT :D
-Church and State-

Since God created man with certain inalienable rights, and man, in turn created government to help secure and safeguard those rights, it follows that man is superior to the creature which he created. Man is superior to government and should remain master over it, not the other way around. Even the non-believer can appreciate the logic of this relationship.

-Ezra Taft Benson.
I don't believe there should be a national church. However knowing that God set up this country and kept it hidden for ages, for this nation to be built up on this continent. I feel that God should always be part of this country. :D -Elder Goff

So now that I have that out there I can get back to transfers so you all can stop fretting over where your dear Elder Goff could possibly be and in what situation. So Transfer calls came on Friday. Elder Vallejo is finished with his mission so we knew he would be leaving. However, His companion Elder Leslie was sent to Dillion. Which we did not expect. So now Elder Ika and I are covering 2 wards and two branches. 2 Wards in Lander, A branch in Fort Washakie and Also a Branch in Du Bois. (Pronounced DO BOYS to people in Wyoming) (To the French people who named it, it is pronounced DO BWAA) :D haha It should be interesting. President Gardner sure likes to do this type of stuff to me. The first time I trained I was doubled into Helena and Townsend. A transfer later we were taken from Townsend. Then 2 transfers after that we were given Boulder to cover as well. So now he has done it again.. Combined 2 areas into one. I was finally getting to where I felt like I knew most of the people. Now we get to do it for another ward and branch. I guess I can never get too comfortable. :S So now I’ll give you a list of all of the little towns we have been covering and the new ones we will cover. Old ones: Lander North, Hudson, Fort Washakie, and Ethete. New ones: Lander South, Crowheart, Burret, Dubois and Jeffery City. It's quite the list. By no means are these towns big. But they are sure spread out. Take a look at a map of Wyoming and find them all. :) So that is what is going on. I am staying in Lander with Elder Ika for at least another 6 weeks. It should be good. The elders who are leaving said they can see me being here for 9 months. We will see about that. I don't think I'll be here quite that long. I could leave next transfer unless I train again. Well heck I can’t rule that out. It's happened before with elder Child right? :D haha

I love my new suit. I’m looking pretty fly on Sundays. It's the only time I will wear it so I can keep it looking nice. Things are going well. I love you all and keep the letters coming. I have been wanting to ask Tiff for a while but I keep forgetting to. I need a couple of addresses, but I’ll send another short one to you with the names. Thanks for the tie too :D It's a pretty one. I even got a tie for Sawyers Birthday. That's pretty neat.

Joli thanks for your e-mail. You sound like you have a very exciting summer planned out with Tiff and with youth conference. Be good! Also be nice to your parents. I know it's probably hard to be there with everything going on, but just do your best. You are probably there because you are stronger than the rest of us kids. :D I love you little sis and it was sure good to hear your voice a couple weeks ago. LOVE YOU!! CHOOSE THE RIGHT!!!

Thanks for the update on JR too pops. I have a hat I still need to send to you.
Live, Laugh, Love, (I see this in a lot of Mormon homes) :D

Elder Austin Gene Goff
New Suit

Where's my horse?

Austin's Caption was.. "HAHAHAHAHAAAA"
Elder Ika and Elder Goff :)

Current Area: Lander, Wyoming
Current Companion: Elder Ika

No comments: