The Elders LOVE Comments!

Both of the Elders have asked me to send them the comments people leave on this blog after reading their e-mails and looking at their pictures... One problem... No one comments! Leave the Elders some comments each week after you read their e-mails and check out their pictures! They'll love hearing from ALL of you! Thanks!

Monday, May 17, 2010

From Elder S. Goff - "Shout out to Brian Bingham!"



Hey PEEPS!!!

Well this week has been good to start off I want to give a shout out to Brian Bingham. I met someone that thinks he knows him his name is bro. Carballo his served in the Puebla mission with presidente Grover and Gardner. He thinks that I looked like Brian or something and told me to see if he remembers him.

Bout this week. It was pretty good. First off we taught a great lesson to a lady that has a bunch of questions about dying. I think it was the best lesson I have ever taught. It was about the restoration and next time we will teach the plan of salvation but it went great and she was asking questions the whole time and involved.

Another lesson this week with a lady and her daughter that we have been teaching went great as well. We went with our stake president who is a great man. He was also a mission president and president of a church school in Mexico City and now is stake pres and the institute pres here. But he went with us and the way he teacher is so powerful and he knows the scriptures so well. He is so bold when he teachers not in a rude way but loving. It was great and just a great example for a lot of people. We are going to go and teach these people again tomorrow and try to put a baptism date in and I hope it all goes well.

We found a part member family this week that is great. The dad is a less active and he has 3 boys one is 21 one is 18 and one is 16. They are great people and the mom isn’t a member but the dad has a testimony and just likes to smoke more then he likes church. He is going to start working with him and his family. He is the only member in his family but they are great they fed us and everything the first time we visited them.

so when I was talking to my comp this week he told me he thought his last 2 exchanges would be the most laid back but this is his 2nd to last and he says he has worked more then he ever has.

So I also have a talk in church this week 15minutes about missionary work and the bishop told me to put stuff in to get the ward motivated. My comp doesn’t have to give a talk so I'm on my own.

We have just been working as hard as week can and I’m trying so hard to not let my comp slow me down but he is trying to so hard but I won’t. I love you all and hope all is well have a great week.

Love Elder GOFF




Current Area: Down Town Tampico, Mexico - Unidad
Current Companion: Elder Alderete

No comments: