The Elders LOVE Comments!

Both of the Elders have asked me to send them the comments people leave on this blog after reading their e-mails and looking at their pictures... One problem... No one comments! Leave the Elders some comments each week after you read their e-mails and check out their pictures! They'll love hearing from ALL of you! Thanks!

Monday, May 31, 2010

From Elder S. Goff - "Preaching the Gospel is like Dating Girls..."

Elder Goff and a Banana Tree

Well Jason it’s just about your birthday so feliz cupleaños and today is my buddy Jordan browns birthday.

This week has been good for the most part. On Tuesday this week after district meeting we helped out some other elders with a service project to cut a lawn. I thought it was just going to be something little but it was like a ranch, but it was fun. I like cutting it with machetes because I was never able to do that before. I was given a new name as well. I'm now samari Goff. The other elders told me that the way I cut the grass and weeds down I should have been born in the time of armies with swords. Well, my middle name is Garrett and if you look that up it means mighty with a sword so I guess I now found my calling haha. When I get home and am out back swinging a machete around and cutting the weeds Danny might look out and wonder what is going on out there but no worries.

We had a less active family go to church with us this past week and the mom told me that she felt happier than she ever has and doesn’t remember why she ever stopped going. She loved it and had a great time so I was happy. Her grandson’s name is Nephi and he is 6 years old and idk why but he loves me. He thinks I’m his best friend. In church he made my comp scoot over so he could sit next to me. He is a pretty cool little guy.

I gave my talk this week in church as well and it went good I thought. I wasn’t as nervous as I thought I was going to be. It really is my biggest fear to talk in front of a crowd like that but I’m getting better. You’d think I would already be able to because of all the times in stake and school activities but nope I’m still trying to learn to not get so scared.

I had a kid come up to me when we were in a store this week and ask if my hair was real I said yeah and he asked to touch it I told him your kind of weird but if you want to and he did. I guess he has never seen some one with natural hair like mine. There are girls that dye their hair like mine but he was amazed with how real mine is.

We will find out changes this Saturday. I’m pretty sure that me and my comp aren’t changing but if we did that would be nice. He and I get along and all but idk if I would get along with him a whole another change but I guess well see. I’ll just keep him going till his last day if we end up not changing. He will be number 3 for the comps I have killed off, meaning I was their last comp.

So I bet you might be wondering about the heading for this letter but its a great quote and its so true... preaching the gospel is a lot like dating girls...because if you don’t tell them why you are there, they will just want to be your friend.... its so true cause a lot of the time people think we are just their buddies and that’s cool but we’re not here just to be buddies. Our purpose is to prepare people to be baptized so we have to make sure the people know that.

Well I love you all and hope that this week goes well for you all. I miss yall and I’ll see ya soon

With love E.GOFF

P.S. Mama Wolfe, your son is a great kid and I miss being close to him like I was but he’ll be close to me when we are off the mission so I’m sure we will keep in touch and don’t worry Elder Wolfe is keeping me in line even though we are aways away.

Current Area: Down Town Tampico, Mexico - Unidad
Current Companion: Elder Alderete

Elder Goff and a Banana Tree again

Elder Goff says, "Me and some dude I found, really drunk, but he had a vegas shirt on so I had to take a picture with him. He says he knows where Mesquite is so we are best friends now."

Elder Goff and a sweet car he found trying to be like Dukes of Hazards

No comments: