The Elders LOVE Comments!

Both of the Elders have asked me to send them the comments people leave on this blog after reading their e-mails and looking at their pictures... One problem... No one comments! Leave the Elders some comments each week after you read their e-mails and check out their pictures! They'll love hearing from ALL of you! Thanks!

Monday, April 4, 2011

From Elder A. Goff - "The Lasts" Begin

Hey there family of mine,
   What a crazy week!  We left Monday at about 3 PM to drive to Kalispell about a 7 hour drive.  We got to Kalispell at about 10:30.  Then we started our zone training on Tuesday in Kalispell.  Wednesday in Missoula, Thursday in Helena and Bozeman on Friday.  The meetings are about 3 hours long compared to regular zone conference which last from about 9 to 3.  So after each meeting we went on team ups with the Zone leaders.  Had some good times with them.
   The title of this e-mail is "The Lasts” that’s because there comes a time for every missionary when you start noticing the lasts.  That time has come for me.  I'll tell you about a couple of them.  After our meeting in Helena Elder Adams and I went to see a couple of people from East Helena.  We got to eat with the Mangums.  Dutch oven Chicken, Potatoes, Peach Cobbler.  All great.  However it was my last time in their home as a missionary.  So that was pretty sad. 
   My last time watching conference on my mission.  It was so great though.  I really enjoyed it.  Tiff talked about Elder Paul V. Johnson's talk and how it was for her and that’s what I thought as I was listening to it so I wrote a note in my planner to mention it.  I learned a lot from conference.  I learned that I need to get married and not take 10 years to do it.  I need to focus more on my TO BE list rather than my TO DO list.  I really liked that one.  I loved Priesthood Session too.  I always feel bad for the women when they don't get to watch.  Haha It's always so good!  I of course saw Aunt Bonita about 34789 times.  I always find myself bragging about having an Aunt in Mo-Tab when Conference comes around.  :)  I totally want to meet Alex Boye though.  Aunt Bonita could probably hook me up. :)  I have listened to one of his CD's basically my whole mission. 
   This week we are traveling to Wyoming.  It should be good.  I'm hoping I'll get to go to Both, Lander and Worland for my last time a missionary, but we will see what happens.
   I'm so excited Jason got in to University of Utah. That's so cool!  And yes I am willing to do the Xterra!  That actually would be really good for me.  So as far as my plans for when I get home...They change all the time.  I plan to go to San Francisco to work with Chris, Colby and Preston.  I don't know all the details, but I do know I will be selling Vitamix Machines.  They are Blenders.  I wanted to do the Fire Fighting thing but couldn't get on in Worland so I didn't want to do it.  If I do Vitamix, I will be able to make good money.  I don't know what I'll do about a car yet.  I want to buy a car before I go to Rexburg in The fall.  Something that can make it back and forth to school and home.  I don't want to have to worry about having a car that doesn't run well.  So I’ll save all my pennies and get something that will be ok for winter, gas mileage and so forth.  I sure do love you all.  3 more e-mails now.

Love, Elder Goff

Current Area: Billings, Montana
Current Companion: Elder Adams

No comments: