The Elders LOVE Comments!

Both of the Elders have asked me to send them the comments people leave on this blog after reading their e-mails and looking at their pictures... One problem... No one comments! Leave the Elders some comments each week after you read their e-mails and check out their pictures! They'll love hearing from ALL of you! Thanks!

Friday, April 1, 2011

From Elder A. Goff - "Time Flies"

Hey there family -

In the office again, it’s Sunday night right now and 10:25 P.M.  Elder Adams is at the computer to my right entering numbers from around the mission.  He is entering the East side of the mission and when he is done I will enter the West Side of the mission.  We are trying to get everything done tonight because we want to have a little bit of a p-day before we have to drive to Kalispell on P-day.  I like to say I would rather shower with a grizzly bear than drive to Kalispell on P-day.  Seeing how I don’t have a grizzly handy I guess I’ll have to drive to Kalispell on P-day.  Lame.  Oh well, I guess its part of our duties.  We have a lot going on the next couple of weeks, but I’ll explain that after I tell you about this last week. 

We had a busy week this last week.  We had leadership meeting on the East side here in Billings on Tuesday.  Then we had leadership meeting on The West Side in Helena on Wednesday.  Elder Adams and I taught “How to Begin Teaching”.  It went really well.  We enjoyed both sides.  President had the Departing missionaries bare their testimonies again.  Boy it’s weird to think this is it.  This is the last time I will travel around the mission and see these missionaries.  Everyone tells you not to think about it…And you try hard not to think about it.  I honestly think that it is impossible not to think about it.  Even when I’m busy and teaching lessons I think about how much I’ll miss doing it.  We had 2 great lessons tonight and afterward I said to Elder Adams, “Wow. I’m really going to miss those kinds of lessons, and the feeling I have right now because of it”.    I’m going to miss standing in front of these amazing missionaries that I look up to and TRYING to teach them.  When really most of the time it is them teaching me.  As much as I complain about it, I’m going to miss being up putting Numbers into the computer at 11:00 P.M.  I feel like I’m going to be left out.  We have already seen the pictures of the new missionaries coming in at the beginning of the next transfer.  I have already gotten to know most of their names.  I won’t be able to be a part of watching them grow and become great missionaries.  It breaks my heart in a lot of ways.  I’m going to miss going to Helena and seeing the people I love up there as a missionary.  I’m going to miss being a Missionary!!!

The Mangum’s were here in Billings over the weekend and On Saturday took Elder Adams and I to Jonny Corino’s this really good Italian place.  It was so good to see them and to eat with them.  We are going up to Helena this week and we are going to eat at the Mangum’s house.  It will be my last time in Helena on my mission.  Yikes.  It sounds so incredibly cliché to say it but it’s truly gone by fast! 

Karla Pierce is now officially a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints!!!  The baptism on Saturday was so good.  Bryson King, formerly known as Elder King came to baptize her.  After she was baptized Karla bore her testimony of the gospel.  She talked about the life she has led in the past and how the gospel has transformed her.  She talked of her Father who is a Baptist preacher and how he has been against her joining the church from day one.  She talked about her Father taking her out of his will, and how it is ok because she is still in her Father in Heaven’s will, and how she is truly doing his will.  It was great experience. 

Now it is Monday morning.  Thanks for your e-mails this week.  I enjoyed reading them.  Tiff you can count me in on that fast.  Not a problem. :)  Sure do love ya sis.  Thanks for your e-mail too Jason.  I’ll keep going till the end.  Not a problem. 

This week is going to be crazy.  Like I mentioned all ready, we are driving to Kalispell today.  We have zone training in Kalispell tomorrow, Missoula on Wednesday, Butte/Helena on Thursday, and Bozeman Friday.  We will be traveling all week long.  Plus the next two weeks after as well.  So we will have 10 zone trainings altogether.  I love you all!!!  Hope all is well on the home front.

Love, Elder Austin Gene Goff






Current Area: Billings, Montana
Current Companion: Elder Adams

No comments: