The Elders LOVE Comments!

Both of the Elders have asked me to send them the comments people leave on this blog after reading their e-mails and looking at their pictures... One problem... No one comments! Leave the Elders some comments each week after you read their e-mails and check out their pictures! They'll love hearing from ALL of you! Thanks!

Monday, April 18, 2011

From Elder A. Goff - "One More"

Hey there Fam.
It’s me, Elder Austin Gene Goff.  I have been serving a mission in Montana and Wyoming for 2 years in 4 days from now.  So I would like everyone to think of the day 2 years ago.  Let me refresh your memory, the date was Wednesday, April 22, 2009.  We sat in a large room at the M.T.C. when they still actually let you inside.  Watch a video and cried, hugged and off went Elder Goff on his 2 year mission adventure.  The MTC was quite the experience.  Meeting Elder Ryan Patrick Moore and all the other Elders and Sisters going to Montana with me.   Eating chicken sandwiches everyday with French fries and a bowl of fry sauce.  Learning how to teach the lessons and believing that we were actually good at them by the time we left.  Then realizing when we got to Montana that we were pretty awful at it.  Doing so many new things and being both scared and excited about it all. 
   I have experienced so many things on my mission; I have sat in Dog pee on a couch in Helena.  I went to a sun dance and watched people pierce their skin with bones and rip through their flesh in Hardin.  I administered fresh gauze to my companion’s appendix wound in Worland.  I hiked to Popo Agie falls in Lander and found beauty all around.  I traveled around our mission for the last 4 ½ months teaching and meeting people being taught the gospel.  And so many other things.  I wish I could have carried a camera with me for the two years on “Record” so everyone could truly see the things I have experienced.  Good and bad it had been an amazing ride.  As you all know I will be home in 10 days.  No I am not counting. I’m just not really bad at math.  In your last month all you have to know is the date and you will know how long you have left.  The only way you can’t know is if you are really bad at math.  I hope everyone is excited to have me home.  I have been pretty nervous.  I try not to think about it, but it’s really hard when you spend a lot of time in a car.  There is only so much advice people can give to a returning missionary.  It all ends up being the same but in different words.  I have a lot of goals now.  I have a lot of things I want to accomplish.  I have Satan bugging me all the time trying to make me think that things won’t be like I want them to be when I come home.  I all ready know things aren’t perfect at home, and that’s ok.  It’s not going to stop me from being who I have become and achieving the goals I want to.  I will admit that fear is an overriding factor at this point.  I don’t know why Satan is trying so hard.  The fear is making me want to stay on a mission and teach the gospel forever.  Maybe he knows something I don’t about me going home.  Maybe I have a lot more to do off a mission than I now realize.  So many thought go through my head as I think about the time I have spent as a missionary and how that time as a full-time missionary is coming to an end shortly.
   We have had a good week once again.  We have finished our meetings and this week is transfer week.  I will get to have a bunch of “lasts” this week.  I will have my last transfer calls, planning for a new route and all that jazz.  My replacement will even be in here by about Thursday at the latest.  That will be strange.  I’ll have to train him on what to do for transfers and stuff.  Most of what he will learn is learned pretty quickly, and the rest will be learned throughout the transfer.   One more p-day.  One more E-mail as a missionary.  One more haircut as a missionary.  One more…blah blah blah.  I sure do love you all.  See you…VERY…Very soon.  One more time signing an e-mail as Elder Goff.
   I'm glad that I'm not the only one who feels like coming home in ten days is unreal.  I know I go home in ten days but it sure as heck don't feel like it.  I'm not sure what I want to do as far as a luncheon goes.  I'm not too picky.  I would guess that more people will come to my talk than the first week I am home.   So it’s up to you.  I wouldn't even mind if we didn't do anything.  I don't want everyone to spend money on my behalf.  I sure do love you all.

Love, Elder Austin Gene Goff

Current Area: Billings, Montana
Current Companion: Elder Adams

No comments: